Monday, September 28, 2009

Target Audience Research

When looking at genres of film in comparison to the film trailer I have figured out that the target audience for a trailer tends to vary according to the target audience for the movie/film of the trailer itself. An example for this is if it were a movie/ film with a ‘Thriller’ genre, the trailer would attempt to appeal to the audience who most enjoy watching that film genre which would most likely be people who like scary, intense films which makes them want to jump out of the seats. The trailer would therefore most likely include the most intense parts of the film; things that make the audience jump or get scared, sped up clips, lots of fast cuts etc to appeal to the audience’s desire of adrenaline and intensity. Different genres have different audiences which come with different trailer types.

To fully understand the target audience for my film trailer I will have to decide on which type of genre I want my film to be, this
would affect the audience received for the trailer its self. After I have decided on a film genre I will research deeper in to the specfic audience of that genre using a questionnaire that I shall make.



No comments:

Post a Comment